What is it?
- The Psych Check isn’t an assessment as such, it is more a way of gaining insight into how you believe you are currently functioning. A Chimp Management mentor will go through a questionnaire containing 46 questions with you. You will have the opportunity to discuss each question with your mentor and they will also prompt and challenge you as necessary, to help you be able to accurately rate where you think you are on each question.
- Your scores will then be added up across the 7 aspects of your psychological well-being. Your scores will then be presented back to you a week later in the form of a report that is sent to you. The report will outline what your scores mean in real terms and how they relate to your day to day functioning. The report will also outline plans for working on areas that need improvement and how you could go about working on those changes with practical plans.
- You have a choice of working on the areas yourself using Professor Steve Peters’ book The Chimp Paradox, or by booking follow-up sessions with one of our psychological skills mentors. The mentors will then work with you to help you to develop the areas highlighted in your report.
Who is it for?
The Psych Check is suitable for anyone wanting to gain insight into how well they are functioning in terms of their psychological well-being and their quality of life.
What are the benefits of doing the Psych Check?
- Completing the Psych Check is an excellent way to gain insight into how you believe you are currently functioning with regards to your emotional and psychological well-being
- People who have completed the Psych Check have commented that it has made them think about and reflect aspects of their emotional well-being and quality of life that they had never considered before. In turn this has provided them with the opportunity to make positive changes in their lives
- Successful people spend time reflecting on how they are doing and make changes to improve areas that need attention. Completing the Psych Check is a great way to start your journey towards improved psychological functioning and an enhanced quality of life
- As well as identifying areas to develop and improve, the Psych Check will help you to identify the areas that you are currently working on well and are happy with, which can be a confidence boost in itself
How much does it cost?
We offer a range of packages for The Psych Check. The standard Psych Check package without any follow-up consultation sessions costs £235. This package includes:
- A 2 hour session with a psychological skills mentor
- A fully personalised report, which includes your scores and how they relate to your day to day functioning, alongside an action plan for how to improve on the areas you would like to work on
We also offer a range of packages which include follow up sessions and additional assessment. Please see our eShop pages for more details of these packages and prices.
- Face-to-face Psych checks are currently available in London (Bank and Hammersmith) and Sheffield (Ecclesfield)
- If these locations are not convenient for you, it is also possible to complete The Psych Check via
What does it involve?
- To book or change a Psych Check session, please contact our admin team by either emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling enquiries on 0114 246 0580. Please note that any changes to existing bookings must be notified at least 2 full working days in advance, otherwise our cancellation policy will apply.
- Completing the Psych Check can be quite tiring, so it is advisable not to book in anything too strenuous straight after your Psych Check Session.
- Your Psych Check session is approximately 2 hours long.
- If you have booked a face-to-face session, please aim to arrive 10 to 15 minutes ahead of your appointment so that you can be relaxed and ready for your session.
- Your mentor will introduce themselves to you, explain the structure of the session and answer any questions you may have.
- Your mentor will guide you through a discussion focused around 46 questions
- Towards the end of the session, you and your mentor will identify key areas you would like to start working on and develop.
- A week after your session, you will receive a fully personalised report of your results, alongside an action plan of how to develop the areas you have selected.
- Please note that any changes to existing bookings must be notified at least 2 full working days in advance, otherwise our cancellation policy will apply.
How do I purchase or book a Psych Check session?
You may purchase a Psych Check from our online shop at http://chimpmanagement.com/product/psych-check/. Alternatively you may call or email our admin team for a chat or to book in: Email email@example.com or call enquiries on 0114 246 0580.
Preparing for your Psych Check session?
Payment: Payment for the session must be made in advance, either through our online shop or admin team
What to bring? Please bring pen and paper or a laptop to take notes on. You will be given a full report a week after your session, but you may wish to make notes as you go through the session.
If you can’t make your appointment: More than 48 hours notice: Re-arrangement of session; Less than 48 hours notice: Full payment.
Please note that electronic recording of the session is not permitted.
If you are not happy with the service you receive for any reason, please email firstname.lastname@example.org