Optimising the Performance of the Human Mind
How often do you stop and reflect on how well you are functioning mentally? You may often take time to take stock of how well you are performing physically, but how often do you reflect on whether you are being the person you want to be?
Are you managing yourself around other people in the way that you want to?
Why do we sometimes get overwhelmed with emotional hijacks and have thoughts and feelings or do things that we later regret?
Optimising the Performance of the Human Mind uses neuroscience and The Chimp Model, our powerful mind management model, to offer explanations for these questions and demonstrates how the mind both helps and hinders personal and professional performance every day.
Optimising the Performance of the Human Mind is highly practical and engaging. Participants are introduced to The Chimp model and each individual will explore and identify their unique Chimp, Human and what they have stored in their Computers. It explores how this insight impacts our professional and personal lives, in particular around managing emotions. Participants will also learn skills and techniques for nurturing and managing their unique Chimp to optimise their mind.
This session will help delegates to:
- Understand the neuroscience underpinning the structure and functioning of the mind through The Chimp Model
- Gain insight into your own unique mind
- Understand how to develop emotional skills
- Apply emotional skills to managing your behaviours, thinking and emotions
By the end of this session participants will:
- Understand how the mind is structured, using The Chimp Model
- Be able to distinguish between yourself and your machine
- Work within the rules of the mind
- Form plans to manage behaviours, thinking and emotions
Explore how the mind works through The Chimp Model
Gain insight into your own unique mind
Understand how to develop emotional skills
Apply emotional skills to managing your behaviours thinking and emotions