On This Page
Our Skills for Life mind-management programme has been developed to help people gain an in-depth insight into their mind using The Chimp Model.
We deliver this 8-workshop programme to a range of organisations, from small companies to large scale organisations, including NHS staff and school teachers.
This programme will give your organisation access to a ground-breaking model to improve the individual mental and psychological wellbeing of their staff.
This programme can help to:
- Enhance the resilience of your staff
- Improve communication skills
- Create an environment for successful teamwork
- Create more productive relationships; both professionally and personally
Contact us on the form below to find out how the Skills for Life programme can be delivered to your organisation.
An In-Depth Look at the Course
The Skills for Life programme is eight 90-minute workshops. By working with people over an extended period, we are able to help people develop new skills that can be practised in the real world and then built upon during the following workshops. Each workshop will have practical learning points for delegates to apply to their own personal goals.
Workshop One: Understanding your Mind
- An introduction to the neuroscience of the brain
- An introduction to the Chimp Model
- An understanding of the way the mind works
Workshop Two: Understanding your emotions
- Getting to know your own unique Chimp
- Understanding drives
- Understanding instincts
- An appreciation of emotionally-based thinking
Workshop Three: Emotional management
- How to manage emotionally-based behaviour, thinking and feelings
- The use of truths that resonate
Workshop Four: Changing beliefs and behaviours
- The basis of how beliefs and behaviours are formed
- Understanding the functions of the Computer
- Understanding the contents of the Computer
- Methods for managing the Chimp using the Computer
Workshop Five: Stabilising the mind
- Explain the main three factors that stabilise the mind
- Set up your own structure to stabilise your mind
- How to apply the three stabilising factors
Workshop Six: Stress management and building quality of life
- To be able to turn stress and setbacks into positive actions
- To implement practical ways of establishing:
Workshop Seven: Understanding and interacting with others constructively
- Appreciating the mindset of others
- Interacting constructively with others
- Helping people to manage their emotions
Workshop Eight: Summary and Going Forward
- The programmes key points in summary
- Plans for going forward
- Reviewing personal goals
- Questions and troubleshooting
About Chimp Management
We are a unique company with a small number of specialist mentors all selected personally by our CEO, Professor Steve Peters. Everything we teach and facilitate is based on neuroscience and the findings of Steve’s many years of work into the functioning and management of the mind and his creation of the Chimp Paradox Model.
Through the developments in neuroscience and The Chimp Model, we help people to understand how the mind is structured and how it functions. This allows individuals to gain insight into their own mind and acquire the skills to be able to be more effective and successful in getting the best of out of themselves, others and challenging situations.
Professor Steve Peters is the author of the best selling books, The Chimp Paradox, My Hidden Chimp & The Silent Guides.