IT & Digital Manager
Full-time Role: Working 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Extra holiday on your birthday
- Company pension & sick pay
- Access to free digital training via our Staff Skills Academy Portal
Start date: Immediate start.
Chimp Management is a company founded by Consultant Psychiatrist and best-selling author Professor Steve Peters. Our purpose is to help people to understand how their mind works and improve their psychological wellbeing and performance. We work across multiple public and private sector organisations as well as the world of elite sport.
We are currently looking for an IT and digital ‘all-rounder’ to join our growing team.
If you have experience in supporting your colleagues with basic IT and software support, have an interest in developing and maintaining digital solutions such as CRM / Apps – We would love to hear from you!
- To play a key part in helping the company to maintain, develop, and launch further digital solutions including apps, website, learning and development portals.
- Helping our office and remote team with IT support requests.
- Managing and optimising the company’s CRM software.
- Developing, managing, and refining our internal digital processes and procedures.
- Maintaining and updating GDPR compliance across all areas of the business.
- Recommending and implementing hardware and software solutions to improve customer experience.
- Provide set up and technical support for our digital learning programmes to our clients including institutions, trusts and research partners.
Preferred technical skills:
- Knowledge of Zoom and Microsoft Teams
- Office 365 including One Drive
- Google workspace
- Experience in developing and managing CRM software
- Payment Gateways
- Understanding of WordPress websites
- Creating individualised XML code (Desirable)
- Understanding of basic SEO (Desirable)
The ideal candidate would demonstrate:
- Ability to solve problems on a range of software applications
- Compassion, empathy, understanding and patience
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Prioritisation and time management
- Team player approach
- Adherence to strict confidentiality of client and company information
- The place of work will be in our Sheffield-based offices in Chapeltown. There will be a need to travel monthly to our other premises based in the Peak District for team meetings.